Donate now to a Mission Community Foundation Fund
Mission citizens care a lot about their community. We know this by your incredible generosity in supporting post-secondary education through Scholarships and Bursaries. This is also demonstrated through Grants to community organizations to help with poverty reduction initiatives; support for hospice, seniors and youth at risk; and animal welfare initiatives for example.
“Mission is my home and I’m proud to be a member of this community. This is where I work, live and play. It’s the place my children received their education, where I landed my career, and where I’ve found life-long friends. I’ve been so blessed to live here, I want to pay it forward by helping others enjoy an amazing life here too. Even when I’m gone, I want my legacy to live on by supporting the things I cherish about Mission, and the people I care so much about.”
The Mission Community Foundation makes it easy for accomplished citizens to expand their legacy by helping other deserving residents realize their goals and achieve success within our city.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- All Legacy Fund donations are invested and investment revenue is given back to the Mission Community annually in accordance with the wishes of the benefactors.
- The principal is protected.
- All donations are invested conservatively in accordance with the Investment Policy of the Mission Community Foundation.
- The Foundation undergoes an annual audit by an independent Accountant, and the financial statements are posted on this website.
- Donation investment revenue goes to the specific causes within the community that align with your personal values and interests.
- The Foundation’s operating costs are 1.5% of total assets.
- As a registered charity in Canada, the Foundation is able to issue Tax Receipts for all donations over $10.00.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You can help in three ways:
Contribute to an existing fund. We have over a hundred funds supporting a variety of educational studies as well as community projects. All publicly listed funds are now on our website and those that are open to donations have a ‘donate now’ button.
Create your own fund. Create a fund that speaks from your heart and make a legacy for future generations to remember you by. You can create your fund with available monies, set up an automated fund transfer, make the Mission Community Foundation a beneficiary in your will, etc.
Donate your time. Donate your time to a great cause and consider becoming a Committee or Board member with the Foundation.
If you would like more information on contributing to a fund, creating a new fund or becoming a volunteer, please phone the office at 604 826 5233.